Mercury Halkey Roberts newer style inflatable boat valve #690NSBV, available in gray or white
- Fits most current Mercury Inflatable Boats. If the cap on your valve looks like the cap in the picture, it is the correct valve.
- The center spring loaded pin is surrounded by 8 grooves. The older valve is surrounded by 6 grooves and is no longer available.
- See related products below for the metal valve tool.
- To ensure proper fit, check the number located on the top ring of the valve you are replacing. Should say 690NSBV.
- Deflate the boat.
- While holding the back of the existing valve, use the wrench to twist the internal part of the valve out, being careful not to let go of the back of the valve (the valve housing) as it may fall into the boat.
- Twist the new valve in using the wrench, we recommend the valve tool listed below as it may be difficult to remove the old valve without it.
- The housing on the new valve is unnecessary for this application and can be stored or thrown out.