Liquid Rubber 2-Part Repair Paint for Hypalon & PVC Inflatables, Quart. Available in White, Black and Gray.
- Liquid Rubber is the only inflatable boat paint on the market to use pure EPDM rubber in liquid form which is a synthetic rubber used to protect and coat rooftops, playgrounds, and pond liners yet is environmentally safe to be used for those applications.
- The gray is a medium gray. if you want a lighter gray, purchase one white can and one gray can and mix them.
- We recommend using our Bixler’s Elixir cleaner before applying. Our cleaner leaves no residual compounds and contains no silicones.
- Liquid Rubber is the consistency of honey and “paints” on to form a leak proof membrane of pure rubber.
- Small bottle of Catalyst included under lid.
- Two quarts will renew and re-skin a 10′ – 12′ inflatable boat or use it for spot repair by reinforcing those heavy wear spots before they wear through.
- For porosity, use Liquid Rubber in conjunction with ToobSeal Interior Sealant listed in related products below.
- Only 1 layer is required.
- What is the difference between Liquid Rubber and Inland’s Top Side Paint? Liquid Rubber repairs slow leaks and is harder to apply. If you’re looking for a cosmetic repair paint, see Top Side paint in related products below.
- This product cannot ship via UPS AIR or Priority Mail. If you choose those shipping methods during checkout, we will ship via a hazmat method. For quickest delivery, choose UPS Ground at checkout.
- Liquid Rubber provides a 4 to 6 mil thick coating of rubber over the existing fabric and rubber on your inflatable and will provide your inflatable with years of new life. For interior sealant, see ToobSeal in related products below.
The boat pictured above was supplied to us by our customer Les Pendleton of New Bern, NC. He said the paint works great but requires a lot of patience as the consistency is quite thick. His 20 year old 10′ Avon RIB looks great!! He did need 2 quarts, however. Thanks for the review, Les!
Instructions for using Liquid Rubber:
1. Sand and clean the area to be treated using 60 grit sandpaper or rougher and Bixlir’s Elixir Inflatable Boat Cleaner (in related products below). Do not use citrus based, household cleaners or petroleum based cleaners.
2. Mix the Liquid Rubber with the catalyst provided. If you wish to use only 1/2 the can, mix with only 1/2 the catalyst. The unmixed paint will last indefinetely. Once the paint and catalyst are mixed, the pot life is 6 to 8 hours.
3. Paint on the Liquid Rubber with a brush or roller.
4. Dries to the touch in 24 hours – cures completely in 7 days. Low humid conditions are optimal. Clean brushes with Acetone or Toluol.