Pettit Protect High Build Epoxy Primer (Gray 4700/4701) (White 4100/4101) is a heavy duty, two component, epoxy coating for use where maximum resistance to fresh or salt water is required. It reduces water absorption making it an excellent choice for osmotic blister prevention and repair. Its high-solids formula allows for quicker and easier application with fewer coats necessary for effective protection. Higher-solids equals 2 coat application instead of 6 needed by competitive products. It also offers dependable corrosion protection on all underwater metals.
- Reduces water absorption in fiberglass hulls and prevents osmotic blistering.
- High film build for maximum protection with fewer coats.
- Excellent water and chemical resistance.
- Exceptional protection for steel, aluminum, and other metals.
- High Performance System for Underwater Running Gear.
Products and Application
How To Apply
APPLICATION DATA METHOD: Brush, Roller, Airless or Conventional Spray
NUMBER OF COATS: 3 Minimum
DRY FILM THICKNESS PER COAT: 4 mils (7.1 wet mils)
COVERAGE: 225 sq. ft/gal.
APPLICATION TEMP: 50°F Min. / 90°F Max.
INDUCTION PERIOD: 15 minutes @ 70°F
THINNER: 97 Epoxy Thinner
|Temp||To Recoat||To Launch*||To Bottom Paint|
|90°F||2 HRS-14 DAY||48 HRS MIN||3-6 HRS|
|70°F||3 HRS-14 DAY||72 HRS MIN||5-8 HRS|
|50°F||6 HRS-14 DAY||120 HRS MIN||7-10 HRS|