Large Oval shaped Towing D-rings for Hypalon Inflatables
- Made in the US using superior standards. Don’t lose or damage your dinghy by installing tow rings that wear and break away!
- Available in white, light gray, dark gray, red or black.
- 2.5″ wide stainless steel Large D-ring with 8″ x 5.5″ oval shaped Hypalon apron in light gray, white, dark gray, red or black.
- The strongest and only inflatable boat D-ring on the internet available in genuine Pennel and Orca, 1100 denier hypalon fabric.
- Can be used on any hypalon inflatable boat, but is specific to AB, Caribe, Apex, Avon, Novurania and Nautica inflatables.
- The oval shape provides for 30% more surface area adhesion then conventional round D-rings and is better suited for towing or davit lifting rings.
- D-rings have a Hypalon apron, a UV resistant webbed strap, and a stainless steel D-ring.
- Double fabric construction. The secondary bottom pad is made of raft floor material and is pre-sanded for a superior bond. The straps are computer sewn with a super strong crows foot strap design and glued to the bottom pad; the Hypalon apron is glued over the D-ring and bottom pad assembly.
- For towing applications and davit lifting rings, we recommend the 2 part glue. See related products below.
D Ring installation instructions:
- Decide where you’re going to place the d ring then trace around d ring with a pencil.
- Apply masking tape or painting tape around the traced area.
- Sand the boat as well as the d ring lightly and clean the area well using Toluene (Hypalon boats) or MEK (PVC Boats)
- Apply 3 applications of glue (2 on boat, one on d ring) allowing each application to become tacky (roughly 15 minutes).
- Stick the d ring down to boat and roll out the bubbles with a roller rasp.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours.