Made in the US using superior standards. Don’t lose or damage your dinghy by installing tow rings that wear and break away!
2.5″ wide stainless steel Large D-ring with 8″ x 5.5″ oval shaped Hypalon apron in light gray, white, dark gray, red or black. The strongest and only inflatable boat D-ring on the internet available in genuine Pennel and Orca, 1100 denier hypalon fabric. Can be used on any hypalon inflatable boat, but is specific to AB, Caribe, Apex, Avon, Novurania and Nautica inflatables. The oval shape provides for 30% more surface area adhesion then conventional round D-rings and is better suited for towing or davit lifting rings. They have a Hypalon apron, a polypropylene strap, and a stainless steel D-ring. The secondary bottom pad is made of raft floor material and is pre-sanded for a superior bond. The straps are computer sewn with a super strong crows foot strap design and glued to the bottom pad; the Hypalon apron is glued over the D-ring and bottom pad assembly. For towing applications and davit lifting rings, we recommend the 2 part glue. See related products below. (AB Part #AB85016-0110 and AB85016-0112).
D Ring installation instructions:
- Decide where you’re going to place the d ring then trace around d ring with a pencil.
- Apply masking tape or painting tape around the traced area.
- Sand the boat as well as the d ring lightly and clean the area well using Toluene (Hypalon boats) or MEK (PVC Boats)
- Apply 3 applications of glue (2 on boat, one on d ring) allowing each application to become tacky (roughly 15 minutes).
- Stick the d ring down to boat and roll out the bubbles with a roller rasp.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours.