Weaver Hypalon 2 Part Adhesive for Hypalon and CSM Inflatable Boat Repair
- Our glues and solvents are rotated quickly and stored in an air-conditioned and heated facility in order to guarantee freshness and effectiveness.
- 33.8 ounces (1 liter).
- Weaver Hypalon 2-Part adhesive can be used for gluing on rubber pads, attaching lifting rings, and making repairs to inflatables made from Hypalon material.
- Important Shipping information: Adhesives, solvents, Liquid Rubber, and bottom paints are considered regulated material, and can only be shipped via ground transportation. Hazardous materials can not be shipped via the United States Postal service Priority mail. Hazardous materials can only be shipped via the United States Postal Service Parcel Select, or UPS ground. The Parcel Select service may delay delivery up to 7 days. The fastest method for shipping regulated material is UPS Ground so please choose that option during check-out if you are in a time sensitive position.
- The activator/curing agent will last approximately 30 days after opening. Once the 2 parts are combined, you will have 6 hours before the glue begins to harden.
- 2-Part glues are very effective but are slightly more difficult to work with and have a shorter shelf life than single part glues.
- Toluol solvent is necessary for a successful repair. See related products below.
- Stiff brushes and roller rasps are listed in related products below.
- Unopened glue will last one year.
Instructions for using Weaver 2-Part Hypalon Adhesive:
1. Use glue in a well ventilated area. Do not use in high humidity, rain, direct sun, or near the water. We recommend the humidity level is nothing higher than 60%.
2. If possible, the tube should be inflated while gluing.
3. Prep the surface of the inflatable by lightly sanding it with 180-grit sandpaper. If using a patch, prep the underside of the patch in the same manner.
4. Next, take a clean rag and use Toluol (to purchase, see related products below) to remove dust, oils, and old adhesive residue. It is important that the inflatable is clean and dry.
5. Mix the curing agent thoroughly into the adhesive for 2-3 minutes with the amount supplied.
6. Apply a thin coat of adhesive to each surface and allow 5-15 minutes of drying time or until the glued surface is tacky to the touch. Apply another thin layer of glue to each surface. Once the surfaces become tacky, apply the parts or patch to the inflatable.
7. Bring the two coated surfaces together using sufficient pressure to ensure contact. The roller rasp tool (see related products below) can be used to roll out any air pockets.
8. Let the glued sections set for at least 48 hours before utilizing.