Glue-on single Hypalon handle for inflatable boats comes in light gray or white with a dark gray handle or white with a navy blue handle and black with black handle. Used on AB Inflatables and other brands. Dimensions are a beefy 13.5″ x 4″. The base is made of 1100 denier Hypalon fabric with Neoprene. The soft 8″ handle is double 1100 denier Hypalon fabric and is triple secured to the base. This is the largest handle and handle base on the market providing the most surface area for glueing for maximum safety, longevity and ease of use. No need to worry that your handle will fail if someone is trying to pull themselves into the boat. Made in the USA. Glues listed in related products below. We recommend the Weaver 2 part Hypalon glue for this application. Buy 2 or more and save $1.50 each. See related products below for the required adhesives and solvents.
Hypalon handle installation instructions:
- Decide where you’re going to place the handle then trace around handle with a pencil.
- Apply masking tape or painting tape around the traced area.
- Sand the boat as well as the handle lightly and clean the area well using Toluene (Hypalon boats only)
- Apply 3 applications of glue (2 on boat, one on handle) allowing each application to become tacky (roughly 15 minutes).
- Stick the handle down to boat and roll out the bubbles with a roller rasp.
- Allow for 24 hours drying time.