Inflatable Boat Hypalon Repair Kit with 2 Part Hypalon Adhesive
- Kits are assembled as ordered. Our glues and solvents are rotated quickly and stored in an air-conditioned and heated facility in order to guarantee freshness and effectiveness
- The Extra Large Hypalon inflatable boat repair kit comes with 2.5 feet of fabric and is the only kit available that comes with 8 oz of ToobSeal liquid interior sealant, enough to repair one air chamber of your boat.
- Our kits can repair Hypalon inflatable boats and rafts using Weaver’s 2 part inflatable boat adhesive (8 oz).
- Kit includes 8 oz. of Toluol solvent and 1 piece of 6″ x 60″ heavy reinforced 1100 denier Hypalon/CSM fabric for long lasting repairs on dinghies, RIB’s and inflatable sport boats.
- Kit also includes roller rasp, 2 brushes, sand paper, and instructions.
- Packaged in a blue reusable cooler bag.
- Kit is available in white, light gray, dark gray, red, black, royal blue and yellow Hypalon Fabric.
- Quart size ToobSeal and additional fabrics and glues listed in related products below. Suitable for these manufacturers: AB, Achilles, Avon, Caribe, Nautica, Novurania, TUG, Walker Bay and all other Hypalon inflatables.
- A good add on for your repair kit is Tear- Aid and ClamSeal for emergency repairs. See related products below.
- We cannot ship Repair kits via UPS air freight or Priority Mail because they contain adhesives which are hazardous materials. If you choose the Priority Mail option we will ship via Parcel Select Hazmat which may take some extra time. We cannot ship repair kits internationally. The quickest way to get this item is to choose UPS Ground at check out.
Watch our video on how to repair a Hypalon dinghy:
Hypalon Inflatable Boat Repair Instructions:
You will need rubber gloves and masking tape: A low humidity environment is required for a lasting repair.
- Clean the boat in order to prevent dust and dirt from getting on the tacky glue.
- Carefully, clean old glue off of repair area using a small amount of supplied Toluene on a lint free cloth. Always wear gloves when using glues and solvents. If you have used Armorall or other silicone based cleaning products, our adhesive as well as any and all inflatable boat glues will have difficulty bonding. Extra cleaning may help.
- Make sure patch is roughly 2″ larger than damaged area and cut with rounded corners.
- Mark perimeter of patch on boat with pencil then carefully put masking tape all around the pencil mark leaving roughly 1/8 ” around the pencil mark. The masking tape will protect the boat from accidental excess glue and/or Toluol.
- Lightly roughen the penciled in area with supplied sandpaper. Roughen the underside of the patch also. Wipe the boat as well as the patch with Toluene and allow to dry. This is a very important step as the surfaces must be completely cleaned of oils, cleaners and dust.
- Using the brush, apply a thin coat of adhesive to both surfaces and allow to dry roughly 15 to 20 minutes, or until glue is dry/slightly tacky to the touch (use your knuckle as there are less oils than your fingertip). Apply a second thin coat to both the patch and the boat and allow to dry for roughly 15 – 20 minutes again, make sure glue is dry/slightly tacky to the touch.
- Once the adhesive is tacky to the touch, using a blow dryer to reactivate the adhesive minimizes the complicating effects of humidity and air temperature. Warm both surfaces with a hairdryer. The surfaces are ready to join when they are warm. Join surfaces from the center of the patch out towards the edges so no air is trapped under the patch. Curving the patch so the center contacts the surface first and pressing firmly helps insure 100% adhesion. Bond is immediate.
- Use the supplied roller and roll the patch from the center towards the edge. Roll every centimeter of the patch as this will force air bubbles out as well as solidify the bond. Be careful not to allow the roller off the patch as it can mark the boat, particularly when the boat has been softened with solvent, adhesive and heat. Allow 6 hours to dry. Low humidity atmosphere is the ideal condition. Do not inflate to full pressure for 12 hours.